could they be stress related contractions

i have been having really strong contractions my water hasnt broken though and my mucus plug is intact i think my midwife isnt in the office til monday im worried from reading someone elses question and they sais that they where put on bed rest i cant be on bed rest i have a one year old and no one to help me take care of her everytime i lay down and go to sleep they ease up put as soon as i get even the littlest bit active they hit and i almost fall is there anything i can do and what should i do i never had this with my daughter and it is kinda scaring me

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know how far you are, but dehydration can cause killer contractions. Grab some gatorade and rest.

If they become close together, stronger or more rhythmic, get a hold of your provider. They should be available, after all, babies are not born Mon- Fri, 9-5, lol
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Drink water , juice whatever - its often from slight dehydration.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I agree with the previous ladies. Stay hydrated. You midwife is available to you 24/7 and if you are nervous page her or call and leave a message. :) Good luck.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008