Homeschool Supplies/Resources

I'm in search of a school desk for my 6-year old. It doesn't have to be a particular style, but I'd like for it to be under $70 with chair (s) possibly. I've looked online at stores like Target, Kmart, etc and the desks they sell are in the hundreds or for children younger than 4.

Can you make any suggestions? I live in NYC and I'm on a really tight budget but b/c I'm homeschooling I need for my son to be as comfortable as possible.

Any sites/ordering online or stores would be a great help. Also, is there a site you use to purchase learning materials from? Ex. flash cards, chalk board, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We just use our kitchen table or we sit on the couch and use clipboards. We try to stay comfortable. It doesn't have to be "school-like" in your house for him to be able to learn :)

Try some local teaching stores. Post a "wanted" on your local freecycle board to see if anyone near you has one you can have for free. You can also just go with a card table and chairs set which runs about $60 at Walmart and Target.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I gave a desk away when I saw that someone was looking for one on the craigslist wanted ad. Maybe you could check there?
    Anonymous

• OH! Don't forget to look at BigLots! They have stuff like that at the 2 in my area.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008