Is it true they stopped making doorway jumpers?

My cousin gave me the one her kids used, but now I'm hesitant to use it because I heard they were taken off the market because they are unsafe.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 5:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My MIL just bought a "Jenny-jump-up" for my daughter a few months ago...I never heard anything bad about them. But since she just bought it recently I am gonna go ahead and say that no, they did not stop making them...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• You can buy the at the Exchange. HOWEVER, my daughter was jumping in one and it slipped off the door frame. We were so scared. She busted her head open above her eye. She only cried for a little bit but I was terrified. I threw it out. I wouldn't even give it away.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think people aren't really using them anymore- they have the Jumperoo and things like it that seem safer. Dd had a Jumperoo and loved it. No accidents with that one.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• my dd is 2 we had a hard time finding one for her when she was a baby, but we DID finally find one at toys r us.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• nope they didn't stop making them, unfortunately. IMO I think they should. They're so dangerous. I would rather put my child in a floor-standing jumperoo or something rather than being suspended from the middle of a door frame. What if the frame itself happens to break? Or the spring fails on the jumper? I shudder to think about it.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• NO, they sell them at Wal Mart
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• They sell them at Babies r Us and my dd loves it....as you can see from her picture...
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 6:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• they still sell em i just bought one
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2008