I received the MMR Vaccine and didn't know I was pregnant

I was told my progesterone level was so low that I didn't ovulate, so my work required that I get the MMR vaccine because i didn't have an immunity to one of the components. I figured it would be okay, since I didn't ovulate, so I got the shot on 10/27. They took a pregnancy blood test on 11/6, and it was negative, they then started me on provera, to start a period, on 12/9, I found out I was indeed pregnant. The nurse at my OB doctors office, stated that all the provera would have done was cause me to miscarry, and I haven't done that, the baby's heart rate is 160, good and strong. but I am worried about the MMR shot, because you are not suppose to conceive for 28 days after getting it. should I be worried? In nursing school, they didn't talk about what possible birth defects could happen if getting this shot. I have researched, but no where does it state WHAT could happen to the baby. thanks for reading this long question!

LylesMomRN

Asked by LylesMomRN at 5:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy