My son is biracial.... but I perfer he date white girls is it wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes.
    holykids

Answer by holykids at 5:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yep
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• can I ask why ?
    Anonymous

• Yeah....I think it is completely contradictory. Obviously you and his father thought it was OK, so why limit him?
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• itsnot wrong to have an opinion as long as you are accepting if he chooses to go with another race. because he is biracial i just think that would be hypercritical if you tried and control it. Now can i ask you why want him to date only a white girl?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No I dont think its wrong. Its your personal preference but doesnt mean he will follow it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If he is biracial, and you are wanting white grandchildren, I am gazing into my crystal ball...You're white.
    It wasn't up to him to decide who his relatives would get hooked up with. All of my kids have asked me what's wrong with dating/marrying a black person. I tell them "Nothing. What would be wrong is to date someone based on color and not on what fun you have together." Then I say "why, got someone in mind?" (tickle them)
    KimPepperoni

Answer by KimPepperoni at 5:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yes. You are entitled to your own personal opinion - but that seems a little racist to me and I don't know why, in this day and age, you would pass that mentality on to your child. Maybe you should settle for him dating anice girl, who isn't promiscuous and has a good heart and really cares for him - regardless of her color or ethnic background.....
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 6:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My ex is bi-racial and uses it for an excuse for why people don't like him. I used to tell him that I didn't care if he was white, black or purple; he was simply a jerk!

So, bottom-line, what difference does color make in this day and age. When I was a teenager, my parents didn't like it, but that was 20+ years ago when society still didn't accept mixed race couples. Now, I say if the person is nice, what difference does color make? We're all "bi-racial" in some way unless you can trace your family tree back to God-only-knows-where.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think it only matters what his preference is.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008