• In the Spotlight:

How long do you leave your Christmas decorations up?

I just saw that my neighbors threw away their tree already and couldn't believe it. But then, my mom always took ours down the day after Christmas. Personally, I leave mine up through Valentine's Day.

jburg2541

Asked by jburg2541 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mine came down today. We are babysitting a dog that is not an indoor dog. He got inside today, ran around tearing things up and then peed on the Christmas tree. Luckily it was the trees last year. It is several years old and had seen better days. Thank God tomorrow is trash day!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• We take our tree down after Jan 2nd. I was always taught it was bad luck to take it down before New Year, or to leave it up past Jan 2nd.

Answer by gemgem at 6:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My DH says its bad luck to take it down before New Years so we'll leave it up til next weekend(after the first).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• The day or weekend after Christmas.
    miss.dee_dee615

Answer by miss.dee_dee615 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• After Epiphany.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I leave them up til the 1st week of January, before garbage day. I'm not superstitious but I like to have them up for New Year's celebration and it was how we did it growing up.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I took mine down today! I've had the darned thing up for a month....I didn't see the need in leaving it up.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I took mine down yesterday - I have left it up before until New Years.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 7:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Mine were taken down yesterday too. I get tired of looking at them after Christmas. And I was getting tired of my son trying to pull it down.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I'll take them down sometime in January when I feel like it.
    I threw the box away for the artificial tree so I don't know what we'll be putting it in...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2008