• In the Spotlight:

Curly hair disaster!

I have naturally curly hair and i have tried everything with it, but no matter what I do everytime i get out of the shower it looks and feels like a birds nest only not as good. It takes forever fot me to brush or comb it out. I have a 4 month old and i dont have a lot of time besides it is ripping my hair out when i do it! any ideas!?!?!

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 6:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• the generic version of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum its $7.99 at Sally's
    proudmommi330

Answer by proudmommi330 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Do a google search for "The Curly Girl Method." It's basically a whole different way of taking care of your hair by not using shampoo at all. A friend of mine has crazy curly hair and after 2 weeks of using this method her hair is GORGEOUS and sooo soft. I mean it's amazing. She said the first week was hard because her hair was really oily. Shampoo strips the natural oils in your hair, leading to frizz and tangles. So your scalp naturally makes extra oil. Once you stop using shampoo it will still make that extra oil, and it takes a week or two for it to realize that it doesn't have to.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have been doing the curly girl meathod for over a month... still no luck!!!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 6:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I hope someone has an answer cause I need it too!!
    Wiggles_GA

Answer by Wiggles_GA at 8:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have long thick curly hair: I use TresSemme' for Curls. The shampoo & conditioner make my hair nice and smooth. When I get out of the shower, I can just about run my fingers through my hair with very few tangles!! I also use the $2 Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner as well as Luster's Pink Plus Scalp Soother & Oil Sheen (to cut down on dandruff) all those things combined make my hair soft, easy to manage and looking great.

Good luck!

PS
    You can get all that at Wal-Mart!!
    SuperHumanC

Answer by SuperHumanC at 11:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Check out Ouidad products. My friend has nappy curly hair and since she has began using this product she has the prettiest curls. http://www.ouidad.com/
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• The Curly Girl Method!! All the way! Quit using shampoo! I have been doing this for about 4 months and have gotten so many complements!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Don't comb or brush your hair. I NEVER use a comb or brush--haven't for years. My hair has been so much better since putting down the comb! I just run my fingers through it when I wash and condition it and when I get out of the shower I just blot out moisture with a towel; never rub your hair with a towel.
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 10:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2009