Caroline Kennedy.....

She is finally starting to answer questions and is proving she just might not be up for the task of Senator. What do ya'll think? Personally I think it's a little sad. If it weren't for her last name this whole idea would be laughable. For the record I also don't think spouses should be put into these positions when the spouse that IS in the position passes away! Do you think she can handle it or do you think it's her name greasing the wheels?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• that spouses should not be put in what position?
    Anonymous

• Caroline Kennedy is qualified because she has been running people's campaigns for eons as well as part of the democratic national party - but only behind the scenes. She knows what she is doing but has been always someone behind the scenes, up until now. Is she qualified? YES. She is superbly qualified and it has nothing to do with who her parents are. She has proven, on her own, that she can help create policy and generate new and fresh ideas. She just never once ever sought out public recognition. What is sad is that before you post you don't actually check out more than her last name. But you know what they say about people who ASSume.  Her resume is quite impressive.  Even if you left off her name and put Jane Smith.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I don't think she's up to the task either unfortunately. Thet(newsreporters, liberals) said she rarely voted in the past in any elections, local or national. She has admitted she isn't up on current news events but says she is a "quick learner." I think maybe inanother 4 years she can give it a try, IF she keeps up on current events & is more qualified.
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 8:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• She is smarter and more educated then Palin is.
    Anonymous

• If Caroline can put her name in the hat, then Chelsea Clinton may as well give it a shot. Caroline is nothing without her Kennedy name. Has she held an actual JOB? Has she ever had to qualify for a mortgage? There is even question on her voting record(history). I read somewhere that she may not have even voted in several past elections. There are more qualified people who have put their name in the running.
    I am sure glad I don't live in NY. Nothing but a joke if you ask me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

ROFL... When in doubt, bash Palin?.. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. ;-)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• grlygrlz2 Do you know anything positive about C. Kennedy?????? Things that she is doing to make NY schools better and that poor kids can afford to go to school. What did you do in your little world to make somebodys life a little better?
    Anonymous

• lol. Grly, i think you are on to something.Maybe Paris Hilton should run for senator in California. What does Caroline Kennedy know about the average everyday person? I am sure she had to help a few of us little people with one of her many foundations, but has she ever had to work for her families livelihood? Nothing but a political heiress

myame

Answer by myame at 10:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I love that the Palin basher commented anonymously. Funny that everyone wanted to bash Palin for no experience and here we have a candidate that truly has not one bit of experience. She doesn't even vote!
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Anon 10:04. You can private message me, and I would be happy to share with you my community service & contributions to society. Till then, this is a question about Caroline Kennedy and MY opinion. :-)

I am aware of her non-profit work for NY schools. I still do not think that qualifies her.  My opinion.;-)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008