need relief if possible

I am 37 weeks now, 1cm dilated and want to get this going. I am not on my anciety meds because of the pregnancy and my anxiety is making me sick. Anything I can do besides sex and walking?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 6:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry. We've all been there. Those last few weeks really are torture. It feels like you're going to be pregnant forever! But really, the closer you can get to 40 weeks, the better. Your baby needs to stay in there as long as possible. I used evening primrose oil to help condition my cervix (you can take the capsules orally or vaginally right before bed. They gave me a stomach ache taken orally). It won't induce labor, but it will soften your cervix and help things along.

Whatever you do, no matter how desperate you get, DO NOT take castor oil! All it will do is give you the runs and dehydrate you, which is not only no fun at all, but dangerous for the baby. Just sleep when you need to and get as much walking in as you can. Hang in there honey, it will be over soon enough!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• What ever you do will not be effective if your baby is not ready to be born. Try deep breathing exercises or research other ways to calm your anxiety.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2008