New question-does my husband have the right-

Does my husband have the right to forbid me from sleeping with/fooling around with other men?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• It was in your vows, wasn't it?
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If you're married, then you entered into a legal contract to be faithful to him. So if you sleep with somone else you breeched that contract and he can divorce you over it.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well, you guys did take a vow... he has a right to ask you, but you have a right to do whatever you want.

And he has a right to divorce you if you do it.

Why did the other question get deleted?
    Anonymous

• I deleted the other question, because only one post really seemed to get what I was asking. Thanks :)
    Anonymous

• absolutely. why get married if you want to sleep or fool around with other men.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I guess you can't really "forbid" anyone from doing anything, but you certainly don't have to stay married to someone that would cheat on you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well if you married him you kinda sorta implied that you wouldnt sleep/fool around with other men...... He can forbid you all he wants, doesnt mean he can stop you just like you could forbid him from divorcing you but you wouldnt be able to stop him if he did it...... I dont understand why you would marry someone if you wanna be with multiple partners tho.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• *****OP here: I posted this, because I have heard people saying that it is stupid/crazy/whatever to forbid their husbands to not look at naked women/or porn. Many people see this as cheating. Their husbands are having sex with themselves, and these images of real people. I do not see how it is ok for a man to 'forbid'/ask his wife to not physically cheat, but it is not ok for a woman to ask her husband to not mentally cheat on her ****** Thank you for all of your replies I agree with them all. And when I read the post saying 'why get married if you want to sleep or fool around with other men', I thought yup, why get married if you want to look at other women naked and play with yourself?
    Anonymous

• Some people really confuse me, I wonder if they ever confuse themselves
    Anonymous

• mostly because it really isn't the same.. he's not forbiding you from masterbation, he forbiding you from being with other men.. from possibly bringing him home something... It isn't the same thing at all. if you have such a drive then masterbate. or turn to your husband. Your vows said that you would be faithful.. Masterbation isn't being unfaithful. So yes I think he has a right.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008