I have an AWFUL caugh...

I have a caugh that hurts so bad! My chest feels like it is being crushed. I have a regular doc appt on tuesday, but this is awful! I am 31 weeks pregnant. What can I take to supress the caugh besides caugh drops which are not helping in the least?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 6:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Health

• Been there. Take Robitussin. I was due around the same time as you and the same thing happened to me. Feel better. You are so kind. Happy and Merry Holidays.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Take an equal amount of garlic and ginger. Boil it down until it is a syrup. Add a little bit of honey and take a couple teaspoons. This really works and is good for all ages.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well, you need to expell the crud in your chest, not supress it. I would only take a suppressant when it was bedtime so you'd get a better night's sleep.

When I was pregnant the doc said I could take Actifed...but you should call your doctor first to find out if that's still on the list of meds that are ok since it changes all the time, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• sounds like bronchitis, if so, you need a prescription and not sure what they can do for you being pregnant. good luck
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2008