Would you hire a nanny who has a sitter?

Wow,to me that doesnt even make since!I have a friend whos ttc and having issues.Shes a nanny making awsome money.I asked her today if they would allow her to bring her child,she said yes but my mom(who's disabled) would watch the baby.I dont know about you but to me this sounds like a lazy person,why would you hire some one who cant watch thietr own kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• She'd be working and making money...but you consider that lazy?

IDK, I don't think it would make any difference.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• how is it any different from her getting any other job out there and finding a sitter for her child? It wouldnt bother me no.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i would not hire some one to watch my kids when that means taking them away from their own, if they can watch both mine and theirs, then maybe, but i would not take a mother away from her own kids to tend to mine. i think her kids would need her more than my kids would.
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well, if she is already a nanny and the parents of the child she watches expressed to her they didn't want her to bring her child, then thats fine. Its her job- just like any other job that doesn't want you to bring your child along. If all parties seem fine with it, I don't see it as a big deal.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think that it is her choice on how she intends to earn a living and provide financially for her child. If earning that money means that she can feed, clothe, have transportation, and all the other things that come along with parenthood - then it really is her choice? Lazy? No. Being a Nanny is hard work. I personally think that working at a desk job would be much less difficult. But that is just me. So to criticize a woman for earning money for herself and her family is a bit too full of yourself. Perhaps just minding your own business and just letting this play out is the safe way to go.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I see what you mean. I dont think it is considered being lazy, but I could never imagine having someone watch my kid, so i can watch someone elses.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Sorry but I disagree. I would not hire a Nanny or a Sitter who DID want to bring their child. I am paying a good amount of money for their attention to be on my child and my child only.

Aimee
    AutymsMommy

Answer by AutymsMommy at 11:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008