It can't be over...but is has to?

So Lucas just walked out on me and Brooke again...this isn't the first time that he has done this. I can't deal with him anymore. I dont even know why we are together at this point. I do everything for him...he does NOTHING for himself, it is like taking care of two children. I have to clean our room, pick up after brooke, cook alot, and clean the kitchen/do the dishes. And he sits on his lazy ass all day long and plays video games...I never get any help, on top of all the house hold things, I take care of Brooke ON MY OWN, go to school, and beauty college. It is just too much, and he makes it harder. He honest to god NEVER DOES ANYTHING!!! And I am fed up, I'm not even sure if I CAN love him after today!
My problem is I dont want to let go, and I dont know how. I am so lost...I still love him and always will

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• sounds to me like you are almost ready to let him go ....nothing we say will help you have to have enif to walk away I pray that you do soon though keep your head up

Anonymous

• I should have left mine go a year ago and I hung on hoping and thinking I loved him. It's not getting better. I've wasted another year that I could have spent finding the right guy but I held on. Don't waste another minute on the wrong guy. You deserve to find a good man who appreciates and loves you and will be an active part of your life not just a toad.
    Anonymous

• Just because you love someone doesn't mean they are healthy for you. Your relationship seems very onesided. The man your daughter sees in your house will likely be the kind of man she chooses later in life. He sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do and you are on the right track. Let him go. Keep doing what you are doing. It will be hard at first. When the burden of caring for a grown child lifts you will notice the relief. Good Luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I know the feeling...for me I'm taking it one day at a time and continually pray for strength and guidance. You will know when to finally let go.
    arlschulz

Answer by arlschulz at 7:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It sounds as though you have your act together- getting training for a job and being able to run a household. If you are so unhappy with your life with him in it, consider how it would be without him. If it would be better, then do what you think is the best thing for your children. If he is walking out and leaving you alone anyway, then it seems pretty clear that you can manage just fine on your own. Best of luck for a happy future!

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• do you want to make it work or is it that far gone you can't come back if your only contumpalting i would suggest talking to a Marital Councelor or something of the Sort.
    SabrinasMommi

Answer by SabrinasMommi at 7:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Honey, be strong! Let him go. Like you said, you don't need to take care of another "child". If you hang on, you will just be miserable. You can do better on your own. It might be tough but at least you won't have him dragging you further down. You just have to ask yourself what kind of life do you really want for you and your daughter.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 8:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Admit you feelings,it will make you feel better.Honestly I couldnt let go of my ex until I told him I hated him-which was true.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Does he have a job?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• He does have a job, also in college at the same time. But he has been on a break for like 2 months, I dont WANT to leave him...I feel like I dont have a choice. I love him so much, and he is a AMAZING father, I just dont know how to let him know I need more. I need help. I know he is still young, and him and I were forced to grow up WAY TOO SOON. I was 16 when I got pregnant and he was 18(please no bashing the ages). We are both trying extremelly hard to take care of our daughter and doing a great job...its just "us" we need to work on. Dont get me wrong...it isnt all him, I am very selfish, i know I am(try not to be though), and demanding, and I dont like to be told no, so it isn't just him that needs to change I do also....I AM JUST SO LOST!!!! I dont want to loose him....
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008