How do you get a hair off the back of the tongue/throat??

ATTENTION ALL MAMAS!! I need ideas on how to get a hair out of the back of my girl's throat. It's not causing pain or gagging, just discomfort, but discomfort is enough to send Kaylee into SCREAMING... and I mean BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMING wails. I had to bring her outside because of course, this happens the moment I get Maycie to nap.

I've tried scraping it out with my fingers, I've tried having HER do it because I can't see it and she can FEEL where it is, but she's afraid of gagging herself. I tried brushing wayyyy back on her tongue with a toothbrush. I've tried having her drink something & now she's eating a pb&j so hopefully the hair will stick to it and go down.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give her a piece of bread to eat - just dry bread.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Screaming? But no pain?
    It must be scary! I would tell her she will be alright, do not make a big deal out of it yourself and have her rinse with water then spit.Several times. Don't scrape her tongue.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• My son used to freak the heck out when he had a hair in his mouth...I say try the bread as well. I was going to suggest a toothbrush but seems you have already tried that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Dry bread or some crackers
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2011