Did you use Nubane in labor?

Nubane is a narcotic/pain reliever that "takes the edge" off of labor pain. If you have used it tell me your experience with it like how good it worked, and if it made you delusional or very sleepy or anything like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have one VERY important bit of info for you about Nubane: It only works the FIRST time! Any doses you receive after that are pointless and do nothing to help the pain. That first dose is worth it though but only works for a short time. It doesn't take the pain away but it kinda just makes everything seem nonchalant and amusing.
    Firedagger

Answer by Firedagger at 11:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I used it for the first time with my 5th. I loved it. I hate needles (so the epi is out lol) and usually I don't even get an IV but I tested pos for strep b for the first time ugh so I had to have the IV. I was a little loopy and really tired at first, but it wasn't bad. After having 4 children completely drug free it made a huge difference to me.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have had nubane with 3 of my kids and it felt like i was floating, but the previous post was right it last only for like a half hour and they are very limited to how much they can give you.
    luvmyticos2006

Answer by luvmyticos2006 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i did not have it during labor but did have it during my pregnancy when i had a kidney stone. it is great and i loved it! it took the sever pain away fast and i was able to finally get some rest!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 11:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2008