cheated...

I cheated on my diet...I had 3 cheeseburgers for dinner with extra pickles and extra cheese. I've been doing so good and am disappointed in myself...to the point where I'm almost crying about it....that's not good is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• So, you start over tomorrow and do better this time. Don't stress too much about it, that will only make it worse and could lead to you cheating more. It happens to all of us!
    Anonymous

• Holy Moly...3 cheeseburgers? I can't eat that much. You shouldn't be dieting, you should just be making a lifestyle change. If you crave that cheeseburger, try using a george foreman grill to drain the grease and fat out and make them smaller...limit yourself to one so you still get the taste of it but you aren't over-indulging yourself with them.

You can also make a deal with yourself...that if you want that cheeseburger, you need to spend 30 EXTRA minutes exercising that day. Try to offset the calories somehow, but don't starve yourself.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Take it one meal at a time, darling. Start over next meal. It's okay, don't beat yourself about it
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i agree with everyone that says try again tomorrow but to help burn those calories tonight...well as much as you can..go for a jog,do jumping jacks, or whatever you do and that will help but dont freak out i pigged out on some rice crispie treats earlier but no biggie...you know what could help your appitite though are some green tea dietary supplement its all natural and very cheap and will help control your appitite
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My mom always says quitting something isn't going cold turkey. For instance, when she tried to quit smoking, there'd be weeks she'd be doing great and then slip up once and beat herself up over it. You're not supposed to. Dieting is a journey. Instead of thinking of how horrible of a person you are for breaking down once, think of how much better you'll do the next week. Taking things like this one step at a time is better than overwhelming yourself.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Dont beat yourself up, that will only make you fail harder. Keep on it. If you get a craving, have a little and move on. When you deprive yourself, thats when you binge. You should have let yourself have one kids cheesburger and fries. Thats about 500 calories.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 4:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You're okay. Do some extra workout and just go slow. Don't diet...the first 3 letter spell die!!!! Just start adding more fruits and veggies to your daily meals and snacks. Add more fiber and protein. This will help to fill you up. Eat what you want...within limitations. So that you don't binge.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 7:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Oh hon! I've been there! I have a little saying I go by. No Guilt and Move On! You have to put it behind you. Don't beat yourself up about it. We're all going to slip at some point. Especially if you've put yourself on a really strict diet. You've just got to tell yourself you'll never eat 3 burgers again and try to better! I just try to portion myself. I don't restrict anything. If I have it I just eat less than I normally would. Hang in there, it gets easier the more you do it!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008