Freakin hemherroids.

So my baby girl is almost 8 months old. I got really bad hemherroids when I was pregnant, and they were so painful I couldn't walk for 5 days... They stopped being painful, but STILL haven't gone away. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to have them "removed"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know what ya mean girl! I had them for about 5 months after my daughter was born, ugh!

Try taking some stool softeners for a little bit and see if it helps. It'll take them longer to heal if your poop is still really firm. Others use hemorroid creams or ointments. I've also heard you can use witchhazel.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Find a good cream. I am 23 years old and my mother STILL complains about the hemherroids she got when she gave brith to me.
    Butterflyechick

Answer by Butterflyechick at 7:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• When my first baby was born, I felt as if he had came out my butt because it was soooo sore. I don't have any pain anymore, but the 'roids are still there. The only way to get rid of them is surgery. : (
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 8:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• my lil one is almost 7 months and i still hve this prolem and have asked on here as well.all i got from people was u have to get surgery
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I had them really bad too. I postponed using suppositories for a long time but finally gave in. They were prescription strength and I had to use them 2 times a day. It wasn't as bad as I thought and they worked so well! Good luck, I hope you don't have to get surgery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you don't want to use stool softeners, or even if you do, also try whole grain pop tarts. My sister suggested them to me and I used to be a once every 3 days pooper and now I'm proud to announce that I'm a every day pooper thanks to those 2 pop tarts a day. They work way better than activia.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm going through this right now and ended up going to Urgent Care cause I hadn't pooped in 3 days and when I would try I would scream and cry. They gave me a prescription strength suppository with a steroid in it for the swelling and pumped me with 4 different kinds of laxatives. I feel so much better. I'm changing my diet to include more fiber in hopes it can be prevented. Maybe try that? Other than that surgery would be next.

Cass_Michelle

Answer by Cass_Michelle at 5:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Milk of Magnesia has been working wonders for me. Also try the Metamucil Fiber Wafers. The combination has kept me regular since she was born.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• From poster.
    I have no problems pooping. Its just the hemerroids! I have tried the prescription sepositories.... nothing works. I am "regular" just want the "buddies" to go!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008