how can i guess the date i conceived?

as i am pretty irregular in my periods i cant remember my last period, but today im 19 weeks and 2 days pregnant and my due date is may 23rd how can i know the day i conceived?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 7:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You will never know the EXACT day unless it is the only day that month you had sex, only the baby knows when it was concieved,

But you can simply count back 19 weeks and 2 days for an approximate date of conception (August 15th is what I am coming up with for you...but I may not be able to count, lol).

BUT if you are 19 weeks pregnant, that means that the baby is actually only 17 weeks old, and August 15th is the first day of your last period, so the day that sperm and egg actually came together would be August 29th.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• so does that mean that sperm lives up to 2 weeks alive?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 8:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No. When a doctor dates your pregnancy, they date it from the first day of your last period, not the actual date of conception. It is kinda confusing, but if you look on something like, Babycenter.com, it will show you that when you are "X" amount of weeks pregnant, your baby's gestational age is actually 2 weeks younger than that.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2008