What worked for you?

I am trying to quit smoking....anyone that used to smoke and stopped have any hints or help on how to quit? What worked for you? I HAVE to stop cause my child has started wheezing, and the dr. said it's from us smoking (we don't smoke in the house or around her, but he said it's from the smoke left on our clothes). I feel horrbile and really need some help on how to quit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Health

• I have heard of a lot of people who quit off of Chantix-for me it was a nightmare, literally, I had horrible and unusual dreams. I have quit off of the patch before, but went back to smoking:( I honestly think its just straight up disipline. Smoking is such a disgusting habit and a hard habit to break. Whatever method you try just remember to stay as busy as possible and everytime you want a smoke just drink a glass of water. Good luck to you!!! I am going to quit again soon too!
    Anonymous

• COLD TURKEY! JUST LIKE I DID.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have tried twice before to quit, and both times I just end up going right back to it....that was cold turkey. I know that I need something to help me cause I just can't do it cold turkey. I'm thinking of getting the patch this time. I don't have the option of going back if I want my daughter to be healthy. I don't know why I can't just say to myself....daughter sick=STOP smoking!! It just doesn't seem to work that way for me.
    Anonymous