Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What identification does my two yr old need to fly?

Faa says u have to have goverment issued photo id to fly...

So what do I need for my two yr old. It is within the us and tgrough American airlines.

Answer Question

Asked by SkylersMommy22 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2011 in Travel

Level 12 (782 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • When my daughter flew at 9 mo, she didnt need anything. But call the airline and ask to be sure.

    Answer by wife_mother1790 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • Nothing, I've flown with both of my kids many times and they have never needed ID, if it makes you feel better you can take a birth certificate.


    Answer by anichols1 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • I flew Southwest w/ my son before he turned two. All we needed was his birth certificate to prove we weren't kidnapping him. I have no idea what you would need now. I wasn't aware that they needed one.

    Answer by paige8608 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • I have never had to have any id for any of my kids when we are flying. We fly about 6 times a year and I fly with 3 now 4 kids and I have never been asked for anything.

    Answer by Melbornj at 6:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • nothing you'll be fine

    Answer by Mel30248 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • I tried calling AA and travelocity but both are high traffic because of Irene so wait times are ridiculous. Thanks ladies

    Comment by SkylersMommy22 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • We've flown with my son 3 times before he was 3 each time we needed nothing but I always took his birth certificate just in case.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • Yeah we have different last names (for now!) And so I might just bring his birth certificate just so they don't think I'm kidnapping someone's child.

    Comment by SkylersMommy22 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

  • i've always just taken the kids BC and honestly never been ask to show them.... know that dd is 16 she is asked to show ID but she has a state issued Drive Permit so thats what we use....

    Answer by cara124 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2011

  • Cant u just get a passport, because it has the child's photo on parents did that with me n my sister's when we were todd's

    Answer by MamaCool1 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.