Does anyone have dyshidrotic eczema?

My daughter is 2 years old and has these pus filled blisters that turn into sores on her hands. A nurse told me that it sounded like Hand Foot and Mouth Disease b/c of the sores and also the fact that she has had a fever. But she has been sick since she started daycare which has been about 4 weeks now. She was diagnosed with eczema by her pediatrician about a year ago and when she has bad flare ups we put triamcinilone cream on her. Can a 2 year old have dyshidrotic eczema? Does anyone have any pictures they can share with me? Any information would be greatful!!

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'm not entirely sure. I have eczema but only on one of my hands and the flare-ups cause blisters. They're fluid filled and usually burst when I'm in the shower or doing dishes. I have a cream to put on them. That's the only place on my body I get them.

My kids have eczema too but it's not the same "look" as mine. Theirs is just really red and dry...and sometimes from itching so much it scabs.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2008