Moms in high heels

I just came back from picking my kid up from school and I saw another mom also picking up her kids. She was wearing 4in heels. She had normal everyday wear, jeans and t-shirt but some hot shoes.

My question is do a lot of moms go out there wearing heels when picking up the kids? If so, what's an appropriate heel height for a daytime look?

1lovemybabies2

Asked by 1lovemybabies2 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• maybe they were new and she was breaking them in ??
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I wear my heels constantly. Doesn't matter where I am headed. I don't believe I own a pair of heels under 3 inches and typically wear them in the 3-4 range.

As long as you aren't dressing like a hooker, I don't know that there is an inappropriate height.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• She may have had better things to do afterwards. I'd wear whats comfortable, if you can't walk in them it looks ridiculous. I think a wedge would be more appropriate.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I never have seen a mom at our school with heels like that. We all wear sandals, flip flops, tennis shoes and in the summer winter boots LOL. Yesterday though we got a glimpse of some of the new moms and well, some of them really need lessons in what is appropriate and what is not. One was wearing very short shorts, which alone I would not care, but she had cellulite and fat hanging out of them. She was also wearing a belly shirt LOL. I was like uhm ok, dont you have clothes that fit?

Answer by gemgem at 7:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I wish I could wear heels! If I could walk in them I would wear them a lot
    Bertha21

Answer by Bertha21 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I have recently started wearing fancier shoes. They make me feel good. Power to this mama for rockin' the 4inch heels picking up the kids.

We gave birth...doesn't mean we gotta be stuck in flats.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 7:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I am not a high heel person. My DD is only 17, but I have a strong feeling she may grow up to be one. I work at schools and moms normally don't wear high heels to drop off or pick up their kids. Usually they just have on jeans or a jogging suit. Typical mom clothes, nothing very fancy unless they are on their way to or from work.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• depending on how it looks, what I rather dont like if I see them with a stroller walking the mall with a newborn in such high heels. Seems dangerous to me cause they will also take the baby out and walk of course.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• What ever the mom wants and is comfortable in. It doesn't matter one bit! I was that mom at every school field trip I chaperoned. It basically was the only time I went somewhere. Otherwise I was alone in the country where we lived. I'm happy for all I accomplished. I hope all moms are.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Why does there have to an appropriate height?  I was under the impression that people can wear whatever they like.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2011