stuff..

what things are absolutely needed for the baby for the first couple of months?? i'm trying to make sure i have everything i need

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• weather and size appropriate clothes, diapers, bottles if you go that route, a place to sleep and I really do think a bouncy seat. Sure you think you'll be cuddling all the time, but even a newborn gets heavy and you want to set them down where they won't accidentally fall off. i love the boppy pillow if you breastfeed and a diaper genie. I think changing tables are a waste.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Don't forget the gas medican and a swing is the only way i ever lived thought #2..and all the reg. stuff.-bottles, lil blankets, 10 outfits at least, dipers, burp clothes,bouncey seat,a baby bed,
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• clothes, bibs, wash cloths, a baby bathtub or bathtub cushion, pacifiers, a swing or vibrating baby chair that plays music really helped. For the first few months my little guy slept in a bassinet in our room, when he started sleeping through the night is when he slept in his crib. we got allot of use out of our boppy, and one of those play mats that have the toys dangling down to entertain baby. I DONT think changing tables are a waste, you dont want poop on your carpet or bed do you?
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 8:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• 0 and a binky and baby milk if your not breastfeeding.thats all i can think of right now.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• how about things you DONT need
    wipe warmer
    little scratch mittens (i used socks)
    fancy baby spa bath tub
    shoes! no infant needs shoes, spend that $ on diapers and wipes
    a video/walkie talkie thing to put in the room so you can watch them sleep/drool
    changing table (i would lay down a blanket on my bed, i have 2 boys and bypassed any major messes)

with that being said i do recommend having...
    plenty of blankets, nothing fancy because they will all get dirty eventually
    a little first aid kit, little remedies makes one that is great.
    the formula that already comes in a bottle, we had breastfeeding issues at first, i know a lot of women do. if your baby wont latch on you gotta feed them something
    balmex diaper cream, specifically the cream, that stuff works wonders
    get everything you need to babyproof NOW, the toddler years sneak up on you really quickly

learae

Answer by learae at 9:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• boobs, and a place to snuggle. maybe some pjs and blankets. Definately diapers. Mostly just love. The rest is optional. :) The world won't fall apart if you don't have the other stuff. Enjoy your baby. It goes by fast.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I totally agree with the PP! I want to add to that a wrap/sling of some sort. I highly recommend the moby wrap! And if you intend to breastfeed, please don't have formula in your house! When you are tired and having a difficult time it is too easy to go to the formula. Supplementing is the best way to wreck your nursing relationship. I also agree the changing table is useless. I'm a "throw a receiving blanket down" kinda mama!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008