For those who microwave their bottles.....

I took out a bottle from the fridge and microwaved it for my normal 25 seconds (we have a weak microwave) and then realized I microwaved the wrong bottle. Can I put that bottle back into the fridge to be used in the morning (it was her morning size bottle)?? I am just concerned that I heated it, and then want to put it back in the fridge. any thoughts?

And yes, I know there are MANY against microwaving all together, but that is what I do.

Thanks!!

rabbate

Asked by rabbate at 8:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't think you can. i wouldn't risk it!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• if your going to microwave your bottles you should use ones that don't contain BPA which can leach into your babies milk.... and ya, throw away that milk.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 8:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Thank you everyone. Thrown away.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 8:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• OK, If you read any of my other posts you'll repeatedly hear me say "Do what is best for you and your baby." But Mircowaving bottles is the one thing I cannot let go.

Microwaves create hotspots in the milk what are very difficult to separate. And I used to think it was just something people said until one day, after microwaving a bottle, as I always did at the time, I tested it on my wrist and burned myself so bad it left a welt for a week. I shook up the bottle and tested it again and it was fine. If you really care about your children you would not be so inconsiderate that you would risk severely injuring your child because it makes your life a little easier
    Butterflyechick

Answer by Butterflyechick at 8:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Not only is it dangerous to microwave your bottle because of the super hot spots it could get, but the chemicals leaching out ARE DANGEROUS. Hopefully you change your ways.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Microwaving bottles can be dangerous. I won't be nasty about it....but another way is to fill up a tall glass or pitcher of hot hot water and let the bottle sit in it for a few minutes. Works just the same. Then shake the bottle to make sure it's all mixed properly.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• cant you just fill the bottle with WARM water from the tap, and then add the formula?? I dont see what's so hard about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i would throw away that milk and i thought i would microwave but i have gotten used to using hot water from the sink it only takes like a minute just run the bottle under the tap and its much safer
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You only have 1 hour after warming a bottle to use it up and then it needs to be thrown out.

I microwave sometimes too.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008