I just read about a lady who was sentenced to jail time for spanking her child ...who here believes in spanking?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Sigh tiring question
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Oh I do!! My daughter is only 10 days old, but my momma spanked me and I really believe thats why I turned out to be such a wonderful person! It taught me my boundaries and I definitely respected her more...I think thats why kids these days are outta control cause parents wont give them a good whoopen when they deserve them. I dont think it should ever leave a bruise or be with anything other than an open hand though.

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 9:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I am all for it. It is not our go to form of punishment but at certain times my husband and I feel it is needed. I am sure that there is more to the story if she went to jail. We would never use an object to hit our little ones and marks are never left, I would guess something along those lines is what sent her to jail.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• i think we just found the mac and viennies lady!
    mommy_wambles

Answer by mommy_wambles at 9:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Not me! There are many other ways to discipline that work and doesn't require violence!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• spanking yes, beatings, no...there is a huge difference
    kpav

Answer by kpav at 9:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• "i think we just found the mac and viennies lady!"

rolling on floor

Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• There is more to the story than she was sentenced to 5 years probabtion for spanking. For one, she didn't have custody of her child to begin with, the grandmother did. Second, she left marks that were still present hours later. That is not a spanking. That is beating a child.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• "There is more to the story than she was sentenced to 5 years probabtion for spanking. For one, she didn't have custody of her child to begin with, the grandmother did. Second, she left marks that were still present hours later. That is not a spanking. That is beating a child."

Welcome to the world of "context" OP. Thank you JeremysMom
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I am not sure "the mac and viennies' comment is all about...I don't come on here often... actually rarely so I don't mean to bore you with my question. I am just curious....as of this day and age my friend 10 year old daughter threatened her mom that she would call the cops if she ever spanked her..lovely
    michelle146

Comment by michelle146 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2011