What drugs have you done

At what ages? And will you ever fess up to your kids?

I've pretty much done it all in college...managed to pass though. I'm not just talking about the standards everyone thinks about: mushrooms, acid, pot, meth, coke, ecstasy...I'm talking about the odd ones like mescaline and peyote. Pretty much everything but heroin...and that was pretty much because I was only ever offered it to inject and didn't have the nuts to do it.

I'm not saying a WORD to my children about it...they can continue to believe I'm a nun that has never drank or smoked, let alone done drugs, had sex out of wedlock or anything else! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My first couple years out of high school out on my own in southern california...yeah...sounds like me and OP might have something in common...I don't know what I will tell my children. On some levels, when I think about eventually talking to them about drugs, they might take me more seriously if they know I've done them, but I don't want to come across as having them think "mom did it, she's fine". Yikes! Something to think about anyway! Sounds like if I told them it could go either way.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Never did drugs and didn't drink until I was 21. No need to tell my kids anything.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I tried most of what is out there, starting in my teens. Pot, pain pills, extacy, ketamine, cocaine, acid, meth, mushrooms, and i tried heroin once (snorted it) never mescaline or peyote though. A few of my friends used to do a drug called Alphamethatripamine, but it smelled terrible and I never did it. I was smoking pot when i found out I was pregnant and stopped everything immediately. I've smoked a little since my son was born, but being almost 25, I'm now done with partying and I'm focusing on parenting.

I dont think I will let my kids know what I used to do until they're 18 or 21... and even then I won't admit everything!
    Anonymous

• I grew up with drugs in my house hold! I was brought up that most natural drug such as mushrooms and pot were not bad for you as long as you respected it! So I think I was around 13 or so when I tried pot for the first time and 17 LSD, & shrooms. In my 20's for coke.
    I do not think I will tell my children much about what I have done and hope they make better decisions than I did!
    Anonymous

• I did quite a bit. I just hit my one year sober date on august 10th. I had a herion overdose and went into cardiac arrest and almost died, and went to rehab.

My child will know my past, when it comes up. I won't just tell them about it. I'm not going to be a hypocrite, but they will know that it was wrong and they will be looked down upon if they choose that road to go down.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No recreational drugs. I was never interested.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have never done any drugs of any kind ever. Just was never interested. In my case I plan on telling DD that I never experimented with them because there is a notion out that that everyone experiments, which simply isn't true.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• none ever in my life.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Pot . That is all .
    I was 18 -19 and haven't touched it since more than maybe 1 time.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Marijuana, speed, and a joint once that had cocaine in it, but I didn't know! Show's how naive and stupid you are when you are young! Oh, and lots of alcohol. Which is just as bad when you are young. I will tell my son the truth and try to educate him the best way I can about why he should not do any of it.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2008