how do i get my son to stop constantly whining?

stevie344

Asked by stevie344 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i guess it depends on why he is whining. Is he totred or something? Or just having terrible 2's? I guess if you have tried eveything to make sure he isnt in need of something, just try to occupy him in something like a bath,read a book, or something calming.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• oops, tired!
    asholan_07

• My son now does this fake whine and cry. It is killing me. Its a recent development and I realize he does it in an attempt to get what he wants. I simply ignore it and move on. I don't give in, I don't even say or mention he is whining...I simply pretend I do not hear it. Which drives him crazy of course. So then I get down on his level, whisper so he has to stop the whine in order to hear what I am saying, and redirect him. It works most of the time. Mostly ignore is my strategy and then whisper technique if it is crazy super annoying, and then I even put myself in time out. I actually tell him - mom needs a break, my ears hurt. And then I put him in a safe place and take a breather.

Anonymous

• You dont. They do that at this age lol. You just have to kind of ignore it, dont give into it. Once they see it isnt going to work or get them what they want, it usually subsides a bit. lol. :)
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 12:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008