Why are kids so rude and cruel?

(i didn't know where to put this)

So this teacher that taught at my old high school just died from a massive heart attack on Christmas. She was still teaching and everything. She was a very mean old lady, but a good teacher at that. You could tell she cared by how strict and how hard she pushed the lessons into us.

Now, most of the people my age (graduated in 07) that heard about her death were kind of disappointed, upset. As much as we hated her in high school, she got us threw it.

The kids that have her now, are saying how happy they are and she had it coming. So sad.

How did kids get so cruel?

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think some kids just watch what they see at home and/or are never taught respect. My older sister died in April of this year and she has 3 kids, ages 5,7 and 9. I take care of them 5 days a week and my 9 yo neice came home bawling uncontrollably a few weeks ago and after about 5 minutes of calming her down she was able to tell me what happened. a 5th grader told her to shut her mouth and Jade said, "I dont have to, your not my boss" and the other girl said "who care if Im not your boss, at least my moms not dead". I was so apalled and pissed that I cried. I wanted so badly to be that little girls mother for 5 minutes!! LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• They've been cruel for awhile...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Oh I know. But man. Even when I was that age, in high school, and hated her. I would have never said those things!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Oh gosh this is very sad. Poor lady. The kids will realize at some point how wrong they were.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Asholan, OH MY GOSH. That is horrible. The mouths on kids these days. I mean, I'm 19, I'm young but I have and would never talk the way these kids do. I guess it must be the way your raised.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Haven't you noticed how cruel and rude just about everyone is nowadays?? Their parents are teaching them to act this way. Kids are following their parents example.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• the parents fault!
    Anonymous

• Blame the parents!
    Anonymous

• I would guess that kids who say such things have never experienced any real sorrow for themselves. Their parents really need to pick up the slack and teach them some basic empathy.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I disagree. Not that kids aren't cruel, but that its the parents fault. Don't any of you remember being kids? Kids are cruel, always have been, always will be. It's the selfishness of a child, sometimes.
    Anonymous