how can i potty train my almost 3 yr old son

i tried to train him a couple monthes ago, and obviously it didnt work. (darn) but he is almost 3 and ithink its time.im not sure how to do it. my husband is rarely home so it up to me. im not sure if hes not ready, or just doesnt want to. my guess would probably be that he doesnt want to. but its time and im ready for him to be out of them dang diapers!!

stevie344

Asked by stevie344 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him right out of diapers and put him into big boy undies. Have pull ups on hand for nights and outings. Make sure you start by making him go on the the potty every 15 minutes and the more he gets the hang of it, the longer you can go in between, this way he doesnt have a chance to go in his pants. Make sure you give him a treat for going and expect accidents. My daughter will be 2 in 3 weeks and she has been trained for about 1 1/2 months and we started about 3 1/2 months ago, but she still wears easy ups when we go out and at night but almost always stays dry. Good luck!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My couzin trained all 3 of her boys by putting fruit loops in the toliet and telling them to aim for them. It worked everytime the colors of the fruit loops got them more excited about the game. The first answer to your question is how I potty trained my 3 year old daughter. I learned real fast dont give up make it fun for you and the child. P.S. the fruit loops wont clog up your sewer system. rember keep it fun and dont get stressed out!
    lakotajean

Answer by lakotajean at 11:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008