Breast feeding and vit D?

I take 2 vit D tablets a day (prevents the flu!!). 1000 IUs each. My question is, should I crush up a tablet and give it to my 17 month old (it's all natural, no chemicals what-so-ever) or is she getting it through my breast milk? I breast feed her several times throughout the day and during the night once or twice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Whatever you ingest gets to your baby through your milk. Don't crush up a pill and give it to her, your giving it to her in your milk already.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 9:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I would be very nervous doing that. I hate giving my daughter anything and only do so if she really needs it and even then I only feel safe giving her motrin. I would be sure to talk to babies doctor first.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't dare give my baby any vitamin that I take. You have to remember all dosages are different and you could overload her with vitamin D. Have you tried a nutritional suppliment that is strictly for babies and toddlers? It will give her everything she needs for health and well-being.
    If you are interested in more information please let me know.
    lovemy2kidsfor

Answer by lovemy2kidsfor at 9:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2008