help.

my 2 year old has a fever of 102 and i am really scared and dont really know what to do
He has had it for about 24 hours how ( not at 102 but a fever)
I have given him meds and a bath but its not breaking
What can I do

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 9:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh jeepers crow people. MOST pediatricians will say to give them a small amount of tylenol to reduce the fever, give them cool baths and yes, you can let them sleep. Just keep an eye on them. IF the fever reaches 104, THAT is when you should call the doc, pedi...whoever and have them seen. Unless, of course, you think there may be something else involved. Say an ear infection, etc etc.

If your lil' one isn't drinking a lot, then yes, you can give them pedialite as that will help keep him hydrated. Don't worry so much if he's not eating. It's the fluids that is most important right now. You can always try crackers, dry toast, things like that in the morning to try and get something in his belly. =)

HTH and I hope UR lil' one feels better.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• take him to the ER or to one of those walk in clinics!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 9:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i dont have insuernce
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• well insurance or not your baby needsto go to the doctor!!
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Quit giving meds! 102 isn't a very high fever and it's just his lil body's way of killing whatever germs are trying to take over his body! You are just prolonging the illness by medicating him.
    If he starts acting very sick, lethargic, then try to bring it down...but until then, let it run its course.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• He might have a virus. If he has a virus there is nothing they can do but to wait it out and see what happens. Is he cranky, pulling on his ears any unusual behavior? I understand your nervousness as I was once there just keep him comfortable as it just might pass.
    lovemy2kidsfor

Answer by lovemy2kidsfor at 9:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i also dont have a car. its not the insurence its i have no way there and no one to call
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• ugh,..then i dunno,..if he still has the fever within like 3 more days then i would find some way to get there,..theres got to be SOME WAY! but until then just let it run its course and keep him comfortable.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• He is tired right now. My mom is saying I should not let him sleep.
    Should I ? Sorry I probally sound like a nut right now but I get like this when he is sick and I really dont know what to do. =(
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It will be OK his body is probably fighting some virus internally. At least you know his immune system is working. You have to stay calm for your baby to be calm.
    lovemy2kidsfor

Answer by lovemy2kidsfor at 9:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008