breastfeeding..i miss it

okay well does anyone else miss breastfeeding when they stop?i havent breastfed in a while,..i breastfed my daughter until she was one,..and now she is 19 months old,..and until just recently i have noticed that i miss spending that speacial time with her:( i guesss its just because i know shes growing up.but does anyone else miss it?any suggestions on how to satisfy our need to bond in that same way?

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm still breast feeding my 17 month old. :) Are you still lactating at all? Breast feed your baby again! The World Health Organization recommends until AT LEAST 2 years of age!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i dunno,..can you still produce milk even if you stopped months ago?sometimes at night i feel like my breasts are leaking milk!:)then i wake and check but nothing.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My daughter is 23 months and she has just stopped completly 5 days ago. It is kind of a releif in some ways, but at the same time, I miss that bonding time I had with her and now I feel like she is way older then she was 5 days ago..SAD>.LOl
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I breastfed 2 out of my 3 kids and I know how you feel. With my middle child, I missed it greatly. I breastfed him right up until he was 15 months old. He was ready to wean..not me so much though.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 9:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• How long has she been weaned, is nursing something you would want to do again?? If so maybe you could nurse before she goes to bed. My 21 month old is pretty much weaned but he might nurse here and there. We have our story time together, he gets his cup, his blanket and a book and we read together. :)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i think breastfeeding again would be beautiful,..i just dont know if its a good idea or if i even can,..can oyur milk come in again?
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• you can definitely relactate!! Google it for some good ideas on how to do so. My aunt relactated after 10 years to breastfeed my daughter, who she was adopting. And if your little one doesnt want to, well then, you dont have to! I would try seeing if she would latch on first, before you try to relactate. Some kids "forget" how to nurse after several months of not nursing.

I am still nursing my 14 month old, actually, as I type this :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Why not try nursing her again? It might work. My son is 22 months old and he's still nursing a few times a day.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2008