can someone help

For the last two days my 2month old has been fussy on and off. Today my inlaws took her for the day shes fine when she is out then comes back home to mommy and daddy and fusses. I keep thinking she must hate me or something why is she fussing for me. Could she be teething this early? She drools alot. Also she was switched to generic formula. but she isnt spiiting it up. She just cries when shes home! Its so frustrating!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess she could be teething, but its pretty early. She doesnt hate you, so dont think that. 2 months is still very small and needs to be watched very closely. It could be her formula, gas, thrush, or many things. i would have her looked at first thing in the am just to make sure she is okay.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If you are feeling stressed it can make them nervous and fuss. I would just try to relax and be the best mom that YOU KNOW HOW TO BE. Relax--yes she could be teething. Mine started drooling excessively at 2 months. Hang in there mom it will get better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Did she start fussing when u switched formula? trust me mama she doesn't hate u or dh-she may get tummy aches at certain times of day. i don't mean to bust on your inlaws but how do u know she is a perfect lil angel when w/them? I think inlaws could be over-doing the "what an angel" thing because who wants to say their granddaughter is fussy for them?kwim? Talk to her doc and together u will hopefully figure it out. Again-she loves u very,very much hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Maybe she just wants you. She can't express her needs yet. Is she fussing to be held?

She doesn't hate you luv. To her you are the world. You are the one who makes things better and who gives her what she needs.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Sometimes babies stop fussing when they go out of the house because they are distracted. There is so much to look at that they forget to get fussy. My son is great at parties and won't nap, and then as soon as we leave he realizes how tired he is and freaks out. She does NOT hate you. I know how you feel though. Look for a reason for her discomfort. It could be gas from the formula. Is she moving her bowels enough on the new formula? If you can't find a reason have the doc take a look. Just to repeat SHE DOES NOT HATE YOU, she loves you more than you know.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Probably teething but remember this for the coming decades - your child will always act worse around you simply because she loves and trusts YOU!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• in my experience with grandparents they tend to wait on the kiddo hand and foot and do nothing but shower them with attention. With my oldest my mom was so excited about being a grandma she took her nearly every weekend the first couple of days after I would get her back she would fuss non stop. I had to talk to my mom about not holding her too much and to let her play by herself sometimes.
    Even if shes not spitting up she could just be getting used to the new formula
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 11:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My daughter got really really gassy when she was that age. I thought she would never stop fussing and their didnt' seem to be anything I could do. Then I found Mylcon Drops and my whole world changed. You can get them over the counter at your CVS or Rite Aid and it just helps with the gas bubbles, she was fine after that. She loves you, don't worry about that yet, wait until she's 16 to question her love for you :}... Hang in there, it does get better.
    maddysmomma

Answer by maddysmomma at 12:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Boredom can be another culprit.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008