Does anyone know of any Birthing Centers in Alabama?

Preferably in the Birmingham area, but any leads would be helpful.

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• are you wanting a natural experience?
    I am originally from there. I live in GA now. It is very hard to find a naturally minded doc in that state. I have heard that there is a great center in Eufala, but that is a ways from B'ham. Both of my sis in laws chose to drive to TN and give birth with midwives when they went into labor so they could do it their way. Unfortunately AL is so backwards they don't even allow nurse midwives to practice in hospitals in the state. Good luck, I hope you find something. I would try to at least find a place that teaches the Bradley method. It is an 11 week course that will prepare you for natural birth in the hospital and teaches you how to get the best experience no matter where you are.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 9:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008