My 1 1/2 year old has recently started crying and screaming again every time we put her to bed and will cry for about 40 minutes or so. How can I get her to go to sleep calmly?

kariwise

Asked by kariwise at 11:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i use to pat their backs until they fell asleep. It took me about 15 minutes every night. Now they sleep well if I leave a light on, and sometimes we play instrumental music real soft.
    classicalambian

Answer by classicalambian at 11:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I bought a lullaby CD that I play for my boys every night. It helps calm them. Also I lay next to there bed on the floor. i think this makes them feel safe and secure. You also may try a calming lotion. I use Johnson and Johnson's Bedtime lotion. Which has a calming smell. It helps with my 2 year old. I hope that helps. Danielle
    Loviepoohbear

Answer by Loviepoohbear at 12:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• music and bedtime stories worked(and still work)wonders for my son who just turned 3yrs yesterday.
    callico

Answer by callico at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2008