Does anyone out there have advice on how to work and put your children in day care and still bring home a pay check?

My family cannot afford for me to stay at home with the kids. But I have been unlucky at finding a job that will help with child care. We are unable to get subsidized child care because we are a couple hundred over the limit. But I can't stand working in child care and it is stressing me out way too much. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Alison1984

Asked by Alison1984 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• Can you find a job somewhere that offers daycare as well? We have some businesses in town that offer that. Otherwise, start your own business. It's not that hard and I found excellent resources at www.stuffformoms.info
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• You might have to find an off-shift that allows you and Dad to trade off the child care responsibilities.

OR...look for something that pays better. (Easier said than done, I know.)

Answer by gdiamante at 10:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If you are able to work at a hospital or university, they usually provide on-site daycare that may be at a discounted rate for employees.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Why not work in the evenings when your husband can watch the kids? Or weekends. That way you are not paying for daycare. When I was a nursing aid I worked 2 -12 hour shifts on the weekends. It wasn't easy, but it means your children don't have to go into daycare and they always have a loving parent with them.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Have you ever thought of working at a day care? That is what I did for 5 years and was able to bring my children with me. At first I thought I was crazy but I ended up loving it and I will tell you it was the best job I ever had. Some places will give you free day care if you work there, others will give you a percentage off the fee.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 7:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree with working opposite shifts than your husband so that the kids don't have to go into daycare. What about working from home? There are some legit websites out there www.wahm.com and www.ratracerebellion.com that post work at home JOBS. I couldn't find a work at home JOB so I decided to start my own home based business.
    Good Luck!!
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 10:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Host Bed and Bath ensembles parties on saturday's, working with The Bed and Bath Collection.com is an exciting and fun way to make a very good living. Your job as an independent distributor will be to host home parties. As an incentive this company gives away All-Inclusive Round Trip Packages to their independent distributor's. For more info go to www.thebedandbathcollection.com and click on Become a Bed and Bath Ensembles Distributor and Earn Extra Money.
    Franniegirl

Answer by Franniegirl at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Would you like to receive a check for $800 next month? Would you like to make your desire to work from home a reality? I did it and you can too. If you are serious about having a career that allows you to spend more time, whether it is, family, spiritual, recreation, traveling, etc... you can have it. You will love the support and training you receive and enjoy sharing this success with others. Visit my site and Start LOVING what YOU do too! http://www.abetteru.2freedom.com/

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 10:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009