HELP!!!My daughter does not take naps in her crib. She naps in a tddler chair we have for her. And at night I have to still rock her to sleep. Any suiggestions on how I can get her to nap in her crib and to go to sleep with out having to rock her?

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 9:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my DD was first born (and until about 6 mo) would only sleep if we held her. As soon as I tried to put her down in her bassinet/crib.... she would wake up. I can't tell you how frustrated and exhausted I was from this. Eventually, with persistance, I got her to take her naps in her crib but, I always/still rock her to sleep for naps and night time every time. I enjoy that last moment with her before she's off to sleep.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• why do you want to stop rocking her? they are only little once. my daughter is almost fourteen months old and i still rock her or cuddle her til she goes to sleep.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• With my son his crib converted to a toddler bed. I had trouble getting him to stay asleep. One night I laid him in his bed and I sat on the floor next to him holding his hand until he fell asleep. It took almost an hour that night. Now I still sit there and hold his hand, but he's out within 10 minutes or so and usually sleeps until 6am, then I do let him crawl into my bed and snuggle.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My daughter is 16 months and I will still cuddle or even dance with her sometimes before she goes to bed. It is usually my favorite part of the day. As for the taking naps in the crib, hide the toddler chair or get rid of it so that it isn't an option anymore. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i would treasure rocking her to sleep,.shes only that little once.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008