how can i get some sleep? im preggo and i need to rest.. i just cant get to sleep though

i cant get to sleep nor stay asleep.... help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant I would put body pillows on the bed, get all comfy and listen to my mp3 player for a while. Some slow moving music. Usually made me relax enough to sleep.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Sometimes you just won't.Take this as your preperation for the many sleepless nights you will endure with your future newborn.When William was born,I really didn't get any sleep and I called the first few months boot camp.It's good training.When I really needed sleep, I wore myself out physically during the day doing plenty of house cleaning and would take a couple of walks during the day.soak in a hot bath,read a boring book,and listen to your husband talk about how work went.That in combination with some warm milk, might do the trick.When all else fails, make use of that time catching up on housework and reading your "what to expect when expecting" book.
    Good luck Dear.
    callico

Answer by callico at 12:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Backrubs, bath, or hot shower, soothing soft music, sex did it for me! good luck!
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 12:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My doc told me to take Unisom, you can buy it at Walgreens and Rite-Aid for sure. It works too.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had a bit of insomnia when I was pregnant. You can try some decaf tea or warm milk. A lot of my problem was that I just couldn't get comfortable. You can use body pillows but I found that I was most comfortable when I had something solid behind my back that I could lean against. When I had strong support on my back, I was able to sleep. Most times that support was my huge dog but a few firm pillows should work too.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• put a little thinner pillow slightly under your belly, and one to support your back, one between the legs, and one for your head, I also had one for my friggin arm!
    I got a lot of pillows, and it helped. It takes a long time to get situated, and I woke up hubby a lot doing it, but I didn't care too much, I just wanted some sleep!
    You might get lucky like I did too. My daughter started sleeping through the night at less than a week old!
    They say to wake them up to feed until they learn to wake themselves up if they are hungry, so they don't get so hungry that they can't focus on eating.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had lots of aches and pains and I couldnt sleep so I would take some tylenol pm.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 4:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My doc told me to take benedryl. Knocked me out every time.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 6:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008