how long should i keep my child up after he hit his head?

This morning, he was playing with his dad...unfortunatly running around the house.He got a minor cut on his forehead and we took him to the dr to get it glued back together. This evening he was climbing back onto the couch and he fell backward and hit the back of his head on the coffee table. He is 2 years old and very active and I am just worried about hitting his head so hard in one day? Anyone have advice or know where I could get some?

Daniela1187

Asked by Daniela1187 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Health

• Keep him up for at least an hour.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I agree with pp. And hour or so is good. My son used to get hurt all the time and I can't tell you how many times he's bumed his head (especially as a toddler).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I just took my daughter to the ER last week for a really bad goose egg on her head. I was told there by a doctor and two different nurses that you DO NOT have to keep them awake at all. In fact, you are supposed to let them go to sleep as soon as they want to, because they get so worn out from the crying. You also do not have to wake them up as I have been told from my family and many other people. To check on him, all you have to do is sneak into his room and touch his hand, and make sure that he pulls it away. You just need to get a reaction from him. Whether it be his hand, or even rubbing or gently tugging on his foot. As long as you can get a reaction from him he is fine. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have a hockey player and have been told the same as lilbit837, do not need to keep them up.
    Anonymous