5mo's penis Q

My son is circumcised. Yesterday I noticed a redness around the fold against the head. When I rolled it back, it was very red in there, and he doesn't want me to touch it. What do I do? There was nothing yucky in there, and I clean it out when he poops ( I don't wanna clean it every time and cause yeast, I heard that can happen if it gets wet too often and stays wet) which is a couple times a day. It's still red today, maybe even more so than yesterday

HeartsLove

Asked by HeartsLove at 10:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be just raw. i would try some desitin on it first and see if it helps... try it tonite and you should see a difference by morning... if not i would take him to the DR.

Anonymous

• I don't have any, just A&D. Do you mean to pull back the skin and put it on the red part?
    HeartsLove

Answer by HeartsLove at 10:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• just put some diaper rash stuff on there sounds like a localized rash
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yes put it on the red part
    Anonymous

• johnson and johnson sensitive skin is great for this kinda thing
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 11:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• dont pull the skin back .. the fold of the penis... that is an ouchy and a yeast infection waiting to happen... just rinse it, but dont pull it back, i would call his ped and just inquire about it.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I would try Vaseline. My doc is always telling me to put Vaseline on my son's penis. Definitely bring it up to the doc though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• use cornstarch every time u change him,it will dry it out in there
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Don't pull it back the skin. Put neosporin around the head of his penis. don't use cornstarch or powder, if he does have a rash, it can cause, or worsen yeast.
    FroggyJenni

Answer by FroggyJenni at 4:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008