Just saw my husband at work. He wasn't wearing his wedding ring...what do you think?

My hubby works at a resturant right now to take in some extra cash because money is tight. Anyway, my friend and I stopped by to eat and see him and I noticed he didn't have his band on. I asked him about and he said that he didn't want to loose it.....I don't understand this only because I am a cosmetologist and I wash heads of hair all day and I still wear my wedding ring. Am I out of line being kinda upset. I mean serving for the most part is getting "paid to flirt" I've worked in restaruants and I now how they work. What would you say or do? Do I just leave it alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Leave it alone I know I maybe the only one to say this but men are weird about there rings some dont take them off others do for whatever reason , and most of all if you have worked in a resturant before than you should know what the deal is I was a server too and yes would flirt to get bigger tips and yes I would get numbers BUT thats as far as it ever went
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• An unfortunate fact is that he probably gets better tips from women without it on.

If it bothers you then you should talk about it. Keeping things bottled up will not help your marriage.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I prefer my husband to wear his wedding band and he knows it. Talk to your husband and let him know why it makes you uncomfortable. Don't go on the offensive right away and don't assume it means that something nefarious is going on. Just let him know what it means to you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well ..i would be upset,.a little bit lol
    ...There is a chance that he might not want to lose it,
    but id tell em if you dont wanna wear the ring,
    give it back ...and pawn it,..lol

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I worked in a restaurant for 14 years and never wore my rings. It is so easy to catch it on the prep tables among other things in the kitchen. So I can understand why he wouldn't want to wear it.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 10:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't think anything of my SO doing it because I trust him...I wouldn't buy that he didn't want to lose it...but if he was trying to get tips or something I wouldn't worry a bit about it. You know what he is like more than we do though...and if there has been any other questionable behavior.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Mine doesn't wear his ring at work. He actually apologized to me about that, and my response: I hadn't even noticed.

Because I hadn't! I trust him completely and never even bother to look. I don't know when he last wore his ring.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I can understand not wearing it in a restaurant job. It must be much more hygienic without it. If you have no reason to think he is unfaithful, then let it go.

Answer by Bmat at 10:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I'd be furious! He is married. No ifs ands or buts about it. It does not matter if it gets him better tips or whatever the reasoning. You have more of a chance of losing it when it is not on your finger. I'd say somthing!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I know mine sometimes takes his off at work, but he works in a warehouse/candle factory and it can be a hazard depending on what he is doing that night. However, if it bothers you maybe just non chalantly bring it up with him. keeping things bottled up is never good, but I wouldnt immediately jump down his throat over it!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2008