im going to the doc jan 7th ill be 16w 4d if i got a u/s would we be able to determan the sex of the baby?

determaning the sex of the baby1

lmholder06

Asked by lmholder06 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes you should be able to that is most likely the reason the set up the ultrasound that is if the baby will let them you should be able to find out
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yes, but, it may not be accurate. my friend got it done at 16 weeks and they said she was having a boy, at 18 weeks, now it's a girl. for my first pregnancy i went at 16 weeks and then again at 18 and it was still a girl... so, it's 50/50 chance the ultrasound tech is right on a gender u/s at 16 weeks. i'm pregnant again, getting my gender scan this coming friday, i will be 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Possibly. I found out with my son at 17 weeks and it was right :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 10:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yes you should be able to. I know someone that was able to determine it at 14 weeks
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yeah you can figure it out that early, and if they can make an accurate decision when looking at it theyll probably tell you, but if they arent completely sure, they probably wont tell you and theyll have you do one later. thats what mine did... he said oh its a little too early to tell and i scheduled one a few weeks later. but i was 18 weeks 4 days when i found out. but yes it is a possibility. i would ask the dr "can you tell what it is yet?" to just bring up the subject lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008