I acidently bumped my 2 month old's soft spot!

Ok, so I had her in my ergo carrier and was bent down trying to get something for my 2 year old out of the stroller and when I went to stand up I hit my baby's head on the underneath plastic part of the stroller and hit her right on the soft spot. She cried for just a second and then seemed fine. She is acting fine now but I do notice a slight red mark along the back part of the soft spot. Ist this horrible?!?! Should I be freaking out like I am? Has this ever happend to anyone else?

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 10:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Juat call the doctor. and keep an eye on her. Im sure will be fine. It happens to the best of us!!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2011

• your baby is okay. just keep an eye on her for 24 hours. if she doesn't wake for her bottle as often as then there is an issue. but babies are a lil tougher than you think. just be more careful. just redness and no swelling....she will be fine.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2011

• Everything will be fine. It happens more times than you think. If she was seriously hurt you would know it. She would not be herself nonstop crying or just the opposite like sleepy and not alert. Trust me, YOU would know. Good luck.
    Dorra

Answer by Dorra at 10:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2011

• that is pretty dangerous. Get her checked
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2011

• i would definatly call her doctor.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2011

• Thanks everyone... I just talked with her Dr. and she said she is probably just fine. I'm still freaked out it happened and just hope everything continues to be fine!
    hollysybb

Comment by hollysybb (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2011