Eczema Bumps?

For any of you with kids that have eczema or have it yourself;

My son has these weird little bumps behind his knees and in the creases of his arms. They're like big whiteheads but more pinkish. He's had them for about 3 months.

Does anybody know what these are and how I get rid of them? His steroid cream didn't work nor did anything else I put on there. I even tried exfoliating them...they aren't budging. He's slowly getting more. I don't even know if they're related to the eczema but that's where he tends to break out

Young_GA_Momma

Asked by Young_GA_Momma at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Health

• It actually doesn't sound like eczema. It sounds like another viral thing that I can't remember the name of......Moluscum. Eczema doesn't look like whiteheads. It looks like like a rough scaly patch. My LO has it, so does her Grandma and her aunt had it as a child. Aveeno helped. I would have your doctor look at it and make a determination. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If it is moluscum then scratching them will make them spread. They can take several months to go away.
    coala

• My son had eczema when he was a baby, and it looked like a cluster of bumps all over his legs. The Dr. told me to put Eucerin cream on it, and I did, and it took it away. It's kind of pricy lotion, but it's so worth it, and it works. You could try that cream first, and see if that clears it up. If you are really worried about it, take your little on the the Dr., it might need to be something that needs to be checked out.
    Anonymous