Sometimes I get to tired of my son i dont know what to do?

he throws everything on the floor hit me with anything he can find

koritamn

Asked by koritamn at 12:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 3yrs.I love him to death, but he gets on my nerves at times too.He's the right age for that I guess.Sometimes I know that these are the days when he just needs that extra attention and I give it to him.Other times I just don't have the strength for that.Those are the days I may ask someone else to take over for just a little while, I don't get that treat very often though.When no one else can help out, I lay him down for a nap, or make him stay in his room for a few minutes.Then I pray and laugh.A lot of times though, just calling a friend or family member and talking about it for a few minutes gets me reprogrammed to deal with him.
    Discipline him every single time he displays that unacceptable behavior though (time out,take away toys,turn off cartoon)and tell him "no".Be very consistent.
    As a mom, you'll have those days when he just gets on your nerves,but it doesn't last forever.
    callico

Answer by callico at 12:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Do not allow his behavior to go unchecked, but also ensure that the punishment fits the crime, so to speak. Put him in his highchair or a playpen or something of the like if you can and step outside for a minute. Call a friend or someone you can confide in just to get a quick break from the situation. If you can take a minute to calm down, you will go back to the situation with a new outlook. And rest assured, the days of hitting and throwing will soon be over.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Girl I really understand my daughter is 2yo now and she is a handfull my suggestions is to try to teach them about which behavior isn't good and what behavior is bad what I do is when my daughter start to cry I send her to her bedroom and she complies with doing that and she comes down when she stops crying try that,
    leandra20

Answer by leandra20 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008