When to have baby shower?

My SIL wants to throw a baby shower for me which is really nice but she is planning to have it just 3 weeks before my due date. Is that ok or is it too close to the due date? She lives out of state and so does my MIL and my dh's other 2 sisters. They all want to stay at our house. Is that too late in the pregnancy to have to deal with the stress of all those house guests? It's not like we live in a huge house with lots of room. The guest bedroom that we currently have is going to be changed into the nursery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is not to late, but I think the extra guests will probably stress you out. I would suggest that maybe they stay in a hotel that is close to your house. Just let them know that you are in the process of transitioning the guestroom to a nursery for the baby. They will most likely understand.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Should be fine. Worst case, you have it after the baby is born. Either way, you will have what you need. As far as house guest go, that is up to you. You know what kind of stress family causes you. Just talk to them if you would rather do things differently.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think it might be too late i had my baby shower with my son at the begining of jan he was due feb 17th i wanted to get it out the way and have time to put up all the stuff and get the babys room together and then just relax the last few weeks and what if the baby comes early i would rather have a lil time between.
    lmholder06

Answer by lmholder06 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• it depends on if you are able to handle having extra people. for me, i would be excited. i love having family around. i wouldnt mind at all. and mine is probably going to be about 3-4 weeks before im due as well.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My baby shower was on October 7, 2007 and I was due November 28, had baby December 1st.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In your last month or two weeks prior yur due date is fine.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2008