How do you spend your gift cards?

If they are given to you as gifts, do you actually spend them on yourself or do you spend them on your kids?

I was given one to Macys and one to Elder Beerman and I spent them both on my kids. None of us really NEEDED anything, but I always feel guilty spending on myself.

On a side note, I didn't know until just now that you can use your gift cards online toward your purchases and shipping and everything! Yay!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Shopping

• I'm not in any hurry to spend mine. We got so much for Christmas, it will be a nice surprise to actually get something new in a couple of months. The one for Kohl's I might actually spend on myself, well, sort of - I want a Kitchen Aid Mixer and want to wait until it goes on sale and I have a discount coupon. We'll all benefit from that even though it really is more for me. The other cards will probably get used on my kids or family items.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I used mine for video games for our Wii, that way it's a family gift that everyone gets to enjoy.
    Anonymous

• We did the Wii thing last year. This year we are going to do something like that again. I have a lot of gift cards to use, but I am not worried about any of the stores going anywhere so I am going to take my time.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yu could have saved them for a month or two, when you might had changed your mind. Guilty, I never feel gulty. Your kids received more gifts than you, so you don't need to get them more things.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2008