How would you react? Should I even be upset?

After a yr, we broke up for a mth and started going back out recently...it has been about two months since we got back together. He has came over (when my son isn't there) 7 times to see me and he has saw my son once. He went out of town last sunday to see his family and will be back New Years Eve. I asked him why he didn't take some of his personal time to be here with us around the holidays (at least a day or two since he was gone for thanksgiving too) and he said because we didn't make plans and things were kinda rocky plus brought of the past and threw that into my face too. He also asked "what is the big deal... holidays are no different then any other day, why does it have to be a big deal if i'm not there for the holidays?" I am hurt by this and feel very unloved.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • It's almost like he wants to be with you when it's convenient for him. And that's not cool. What would it have hurt for him to spend a couple days with you? He could come back from visiting his family a few days early. Sometimes the way guys think makes me nuts!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 10:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yeah, you should be upset. Sounds like he wants you when it's convenient.

Be less convenient for him. If that means cutting him out of your life, so be it.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I don't like it either. I'd be wary.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I would be hurt by that too! I would have a long talk with him and see where the relationship really stands! To me it sounds like he only wants you when he has the time.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 4:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2008