Would you let a teen boy babysit for you?

I don't know if I would. I think I might worry that he might do something to my daughters. Would you be worried about this?

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 10:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I mean this sounds so rude and judgmental, but I personally would say hell no. My little cousin was molested by a family friend's son that watched her. So no.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Um no but i did let my little brother my daughters uncle watch her but he is family.. i wouldnt let anyone else though....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It would depend on the child. One of neighbors boys I would let watch my DD. He is very trustworthy and I would only let him when his mom is home to help. He has been babysitting his little brother since he was born and is now 3.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Nah! I wouldn't and if you do you will be too worried thinking about them. You will not enjoy yourself.banging head into wall

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I do. He's my son.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 10:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Hmm, I think for me it depends on how old the boy is and how well I know him. If the boy is someone I know VERY WELL and is more like 19 years old then maybe. I probably would say no to anyone younger.
    I know I was really pissed the second time I dropped Natalia off at her sitter's house. The sitter was GONE and her boyfriend was there to babysit until she got home! I did not know him and I was furious! Needless to say they don't baby sit for me anymore!
    ballerina18

Answer by ballerina18 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If your already worried about this..than their is maybe a good feeling and you need to go with your gut on this one!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Both my sons babysit my friends children. I have home day care so they've been around children their entire lives and they're great with kids. However, I wouldn't let my sons babysit for anyone that I wasn't close with. Because it goes both ways...there are the accused and then there the accusers and you must always beware of both.....in this day and age it's a double edged sword...really sad : (
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My son watches his little cousins once in a while not often because they live far away so only when they visit and sis and I want to go do something kid free, but I have never thought of it as weird. There are also females who molest children, not as much, but it happens, so your decision should be based on the teen, not their gender.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Girls are just as capable of molesting children as boys are. The gender isn't what matters, its the maturity level and how well I know them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2008