Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health care

Ok im a bit scared, I had a brown spot on my cheek for about a year, i thought it was from the sun, im in my early 30's.
a few weeks ago it was raised like a pimple, im worried that it is changed in shape and might be skin cancer. i have a baby and am a sahm and have no health ins but my so makes too much money to get assistance but not enough to pay for tests and if it really is cancer....does anyone know of any help i could get to have this tested before it gets too bad if it is cancer???


Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • If it's really concerning you forget about the cost!!!What's more important you being there or not knowing if something will take you away. You can make payment plans, I know they suck but they can't draw blood out of a turnip..... at least you will know

    Answer by bunco at 12:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

  • If he is ONLY your SO and NOT your husband then what he makes is irrelevant to your ability to get health insurance, or medicaid.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

  • First check with your local welfare office. BUT if you live together then his income DOES matter. I went through that myself. If you are not eligable look in to a discount program. They are usually low cost and can get you DEEP DISCOUNTS on everything from the tests to the treatment. Look here for more info. That's where I got mine. Good luck and blessed be!

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2008